It’s the unofficial last weekend of summer, so spend it wisely! We’ve found a weekend FULL of activities you can enjoy right here in the Triangle:
1. Start your weekend by enjoying Raleigh Beer Week. Running until August 31st, this weeklong celebration of beer highlights Raleigh’s unique beer scene. You don’t want to miss out on this great event and it’s the perfect way to begin your Labor Day celebration. Visit www.raleighbeerweek.com for details.
2. If you head into Raleigh tonight, you can also check of Pickin’ in the Plaza (pickinintheplaza.com), Raleigh’s concert series located downtown in City Plaza. Enjoy local food and a great beer while you listen to bluegrass music. It’s the perfect way to spend a Thursday night.
3. Friday, enjoy some one-of-a-kind shopping at the Pop Shop at North Hills. Hosted by Redress Raleigh and Raleigh Fashion Association, Pop Shop is a features limited-time, unique pieces produced by emerging designers. Browse through a handpicked selection of apparel, jewelry, accessories, and complete your wardrobe for fall! For more details check out redressraleigh.com/popshop.
4. Saturday, it’s time to take in some culture! Check out the African American Cultural Festival of Raleigh and Wake County. Enjoy music and dance performances, art, food, and more! Head to the heart of downtown Raleigh and treat yourself to a great time. More details are at www.aacfralwake.org.
5. Sunday it’s time to soak up the last bit of summer at the Durham Food Truck Rodeo. From noon – 4pm you can enjoy live music and food from your choice of over 40 local food trucks. Bring a blanket or a lawn chair and head to Durham Central Park for a great time! Check out the list of vendors here.
6. After a weekend of great food and drinks, we have the perfect Labor Day activity: The Carrying Place Run, Walk, & Dash! Held at the Koka Booth Amphitheatre, this race is a great way to give back. In addition to the race, there will be entertainment, prizes, music, and a food truck rodeo, so you don’t want to miss out! Race info and more details can be found here.
With so many great events happening in the Triangle this weekend, you’re sure to have a great time! Just one more reason Bradford residents love living in Cary!